2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 15, 2011 9:16 PM by Catalysttgj

Running reports on Core Server

Rookie

Hello,

I'm not quite sure when it happened, but I have noticed over the past couple of weeks, that I can no longer run reports from the console on our Core Server.  In addition to that, I have noticed that the canned charts that are included in the Patch and Compliance section aren't all reporting correctly either.  The ones that report as a line graph don't have any data reporting after 10/22 (other charts seem to work fine, such as the bar graphs).  I can run reports from my remote console on my workstation just fine.

I am using LANDesk 9 SP2 with the latest MCP's

Thanks,

Anthony

• 1. Re: Running reports on Core Server
          Rookie

So I figured out why my charts weren't working properly.  Someone had discontinued my daily task to gather historical patch data.  I started running this again and my charts are working properly.

However, running reports from the console on the core server is still not working properly.  Does anyone have an idea on what I may do to troubleshoot or look at to see what may be going on?

Thanks,

Anthony

• 2. Re: Running reports on Core Server
            Catalysttgj Expert

We have problems running a specific report on our server, but we think it has to do with the intensity of the data in the specific report. If we run the LDMS query manually that the report is configured to use, it works fine, and its pretty fast, and we can right-click and export to csv without issue, but trying to schedule the same LDMS query as a report doesn't work. The report generator just runs and runs and never does anything. Other reports work however. I wonder if your situation is similar in any way to this. We contacted our TAM about this issue, but they were unable to reproduce the problem on their end.