1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 29, 2011 8:41 PM by zman

LANDesk Alternative?

Rookie

Our LANDesk support agreement expires on 06/28/2012 and I would like to start researching other options.  I'm looking for other products I can suggest to management that will have some of the same basic features.  The core items I need are Inventory, Patch, Software Deployment, and Reporting.  Secondary items would be something like LPM and the Cloud appliance, but not required if the core products function.  I'm aware of Altiris, just have no experience with it.  I figure I'll start there.  Does anyone out there have any input on that product or any other product that may fit my core needs?  After 6+ years I'm tired of paying to beta test their products and I'm not even the one writing the check.

• 1. Re: LANDesk Alternative?
          zman Master

At this time there is a user in each of theses forums/communities writing an identical post:

• SCCM
          • Altiris
          • KACE
          • Bigfix/IBM
          • Remedy
          • Scriptlogic
          • Kaseya
          • tricerat
          • CA

It is good to reevaluate your companies' requirements and tools. No way anyone can make any suggestions based on your limited requirements. This is a very complex process picking a DM solution and needs a very detailed requirements analysis to start.