2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 10:13 AM by gcamorlinga

LD8.8SP3 -Policy-Supported push task goes in a loop if re-run the task more than once

Rookie

Any ideas? I need to understand this behaviour so that I don't reproduce this issue.

I have created a task to deploy a software package using PSP as the delivery method. I executed to run with targetting a number of machines. Then I added more machines to the same task, and clicked the Run Now again. The machines that were added afterward, have been getting the policy everytime they start up into windows. So the software it's being reinstalling with no stopping.

I have canceled the task but this did not stop for the machines to from getting the task over and over.

I then removed the machines from the task, but no luck.

Is there a way to stop the looping?

Is this a standard behaviour and by design?

Message was edited by: GAC

• 1. Re: LD8.8SP3 -Policy-Supported push task goes in a loop if re-run the task more than once
          mrspike SSMMVPGroup

It has been a while since I have worked in LD 8.8 but remember there being some issues with policies and having to nuke the client side databases.

Have you thought about installing SP4 or moving to LD 9?

This is a script we used to clear out the client side DB and have it re-validate.  You can test it out and see if if helps you... this is a XP only version.. create a .bat file and use Software Dist. to push it to client

net stop "Landesk Policy Invoker"
          cmd /c del "c:\documents and settings\all users\application data\landesk\managementsuite\database" /q
          del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\files" /q
          del "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\vulScan\*.xml" /q
          del "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\landesk\files\*.xml" /q
          "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\clientdbutil.exe" /create
          "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\clientdbutil.exe" /validate
          net start "Landesk Policy Invoker"
          "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\policy.sync.exe"
          "c:\program files\landesk\ldclient\policy.client.invoker.exe"
          EXIT /B 0

• 2. Re: LD8.8SP3 -Policy-Supported push task goes in a loop if re-run the task more than once
            Rookie

Thanks JM. I will give this a shot and let you know of results.