3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 1:11 PM by karenpeacock

Email import with keywords

Rookie

Hi there,

i have a question about the MailManager. Is it possible to configure this client to handle specific emails with any kind of keywords so that this email can be used to create a ticket with correct data inside?

The idea is to use the Mailmanager as an interface for some data send by email by an external tool to create tickets in LanDesk ServiceDesk, for example detailed service requests.

Thanks for any idea!

Regards

Waterb

• 1. Re: Email import with keywords
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Apologies but I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this bit "specific emails with any kind of keywords so that this email can be used to create a ticket with correct data inside?".

Hopefully you can have your external application send mails to a specific mailbox.  Then MailManager can be setup to create a specific type of process from this particular mailbox.  It can also be configured to apply a specific template (default text) to the processes that get raised.  You also create a mail mapping to map each part of the email message that you want to be stored in a specific attribute in Service Desk.

Apologies if I have mis-understood your requirement and I will be happy to try again if you can clarify further,

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Email import with keywords
            smiddleton Expert

Hi Karen,

I think Waterb was reffering to something like specific key words within the message body would cause that part of text to go in a specific field on the incident.

So rather than the whole body of the message going into description, you might have something like the below:-

Priority: P1

Description: this is the fault i am having

Urgency: Prevents me from working

This 1 field in the could then populate 3 different fields within the incident.

I seem to recall an ER was raised for this?

• 3. Re: Email import with keywords
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Ah I understand now thank you.  No this isn't currently functionality I'm afraid.  I have looked for an ER for this but this is the closest I could find:

http://community.landesk.com/support/ideas/2021

You may decide to create a new enhancement unless you find a better match than this.

Best wishes

Karen