3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 10, 2012 1:37 PM by karenpeacock

what is the hirarchy how Business Objects are structed ?

Apprentice

Object Designer exist under Business Objects and attributes option comes under actions, for reference please see pasted image .

1-9-2012 4-14-20 PM.png

what is the hirarchy how Business Objects are structed ? is Business Objects are Databases and Object Designers are like Tables ?

• 1. Re: what is the hirarchy how Business Objects are structed ?
          ITSMMVPGroup

Have you had an opportunity to attend the various courses LANDesk run on the administration tools or read through the materials?  It sounds to me as though you and your company would really benefit from this.  You'd also be able to ask the instructor about related subjects.  I'd completely understand if budgets were not available to do this :-) , but I thought I'd mention it as an available option in case you didn't know such courses exist.

• 2. Re: what is the hirarchy how Business Objects are structed ?
            Apprentice

Thanks Dave you replied to my quries , as far your suggestion is concern i had a training 6 months back but i was not intouch with console that's why i ask quries for confusions . I hope that communities guys will guide and share informations.

• 3. Re: what is the hirarchy how Business Objects are structed ?
              karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

6 months ago is a long time so I understand your need to refresh the knowledge that you acquired on the training.  Hopefully you were given a copy of the training content that was covered so you will be able to run through this to refresh your memory about what you learnt now that you have access to a console?  If you do not have a copy of this please contact whomever your training was arranged through.

There is some e-learning on the community that you may not have seen yet and which I hope will prove useful:

http://community.landesk.com/support/community/training/e-learning/service_desk

In answer to your question, business objects are tables.  Here is an extract from the Service Desk 7.4 Designer Manual that is relevant to your questions:

"Business objects are the basic building blocks of LANDesk Service Desk, representing all of the items with which you can work. Business objects can be physical items such as users or assets, or they can be abstract items such as colours, problems, new starters and so on. Each business object has a set of attributes that describe the information that you want to record about that business object. Each business object can have a different set of attributes. You can link business objects together to share, rather than duplicate the same information. The link is called a relationship."

In terms of how they are structured, Business objects are stored in logical modules which are groups of objects that all relate to the same area of business process.  Here is an extract from the same Designer manual which is relevant to this:

"Business Objects tree – The Business Objects tree contains several folders which represent the different modules of your support operation, for example, Incident Management, Change Management and so on. You use the Business Objects tree to navigate to the relevant module, then use the Actions list (or right-click shortcut menu) to create a new business object."

Best wishes

Karen