7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2012 11:20 AM by broberson

Dashboards in Self-Service

Apprentice

Hi everyone - need some assistance, please.  I have created a dashboard for self-service but am wondering if there is a way to publish it to specific 'groups' since I actually created it as SA inside of the self-service portal.  The reason behind this is we actually have 3 different IT support groups that support different end-users (depending on department).  So I want to add some incident templates for the groups but need 3 different ones to go to the three different groups for the same issues (just based on who gets supported where).  Or is there a way in the template itself to use the same process for the suggested group, that we use in our requests for fulfillment (where the request goes to the fulfillment group based on the users bldg).  Any ideas?  Thank you!

• 1. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
          Expert

As I understand you simply want to assign an incident to a specific support group based on the department of the Raise User, correct?

If so, then you simply need to create a relationship from Group to Department and for each department select the relevant support group. Then amend your process and in the initial assignment set the Group to use a value type and pick the Group from the Raise User/Department attribute.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Hadyn

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
            Apprentice

That is quite helpful, but am looking more to wanting to do 3 different self-service portal dashboards for the end users supported by the 3 support groups.  This way, when they login they will see the dashboard that has all the relevant information just for their support group.  Is that possible?

• 3. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
              Expert

There is a script somewhere on the forums which is used to set a default dashboard for Analysts (due to a bug where the Default Dashboard is the same for WebAccess and SelfService) which could be modified fairly simply to set a default based on a group.

Other than that I'm not sure how you would accomplish this, but you can probably do this a bit easier in 7.5.

Cheers,

Hadyn

• 4. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
                Apprentice

I found the script - so you think by modifying these two lines:

set @DashboardName = 'Support Me' -- Replace with the name of the dashboard to use.
                set @UserType = 'Analyst' -- Replace with the user type to set the default dashboard for.

to include my dashboard names (even if they were created in Self-Service via SA and not in the console), and then choose userType = either IS End Users, Library End Users or Sheriff End users that this would be all I need to do?

Thanks so much for your assistance!

UPDATE:  I was thinking incorrectly - all the different user roles are still under the end user type.  So I would still have to be able to modify the script to go to a type of end-user

• 5. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
                  smiddleton Expert

Hi broberson,

I just added a revised version of the script which gives you the ability to specify a group it should apply to as well.

http://community.landesk.com/support/message/72909#72909

Hope this helps.

• 6. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
                    Apprentice

That is fantastic - thank you sooo much for sharing

• 7. Re: Dashboards in Self-Service
                      Apprentice

Just out of curiosity - do the end-users need a permission granted for the script to set the personal default dashboard?  Thanks!