2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 17, 2012 4:52 AM by Lionel

ldcstm32.exe error message

Apprentice

Hi,

I just have installed the SP3 on the PRD server.

And now, after rebuild the agent, and redistribute it from scratch, everytime I run the inventory scan from the Windows start menu, I receive the following message (print screen). It's seem to be related to the custom form...

I have reinstall a new server from scratch on a VM, and got the same issues...

Any idea?

• 1. Re: ldcstm32.exe error message
          Apprentice

Hi,

After some tests... I found it...

The problem was an upgrade issue. I mean if I use the upgraded agent configuration, I have the line on the LDSCNHLP.ini regarding the ldcstm32 /s which is causing the issue. But if I create a complete new agent from scratch, on the result agent on the client, this line doen't exist...

Upgrade or config issues??

Voilà

• 2. Re: ldcstm32.exe error message
            Apprentice

Hi All,

The issues was dependent of how do you run the custom data form.

Basically, on the agent settings under Custom Data Form, you can choose when you want to run the forms to the User. If you select "When inventory scanner runs", automatically the LDSCNHLP.INI have the entry created with the ldcstm32 created and it failed when it's run ba a users...

But if you select "When launched from the LANDesk program folder", there is nothing on the LDSCNHLP.INI, and works great...

FYI, I'm not using the Custom forms, but I'm using the engine for a custom inventory, I called Inventory Extender. Which run a VBS and EXE to get a lot of more information for the ANDesk inventory... And this is really important for us to have that working fine...

Regards