Due to DNS issues in LDMC 9 SP2 I modified the boot.wim Image to change the server name to the FQDN of the server so when winPE loaded it could resolve the server name. I used the following document http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7651. This resolved the issue. I have upgraded to SP3 and again when using winPE the server name will not resolve. I tried using the same steps as before but got an error that the boot.wim is already mounted in another location. I need to know how to modify the boot.wim to replace the server name with the server FQDN in SP3.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
I'm too lazy to type today - check out this doc resolution on how to unmount them - http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24702#comment-15915_____________________________________________________________Please consider voting for these ERs:Provide Better Pre/Post LDMS Patch/Sp/.0 Information To The CommunityCumlative Patch List for LANDesk ProductsQuery Builder ImportProvide bulk client deletions without carpal tunnel syndrome.Core Synchronization Allow Mirror functionality from Master Core
I was able to unmount and modify the boot.wim. Many more steps that in sp2 and forgot to redeploy PXE agents to get the new winpe image. Once the boot.wim was modified and PXE agents redeployed it is working.
Glad to hear, please close the discussion.