5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 30, 2012 3:30 AM by karenpeacock

Text box not showing in Incident window

Apprentice

An analyst attempted to open an incident today and noticed the text box for "Details" has gone missing and has an underline (as if it were a hyperlink? when you click it nothing happens).  The Details text box is HTML-substring enabled.

This is happening in the software console only, on the web-access form the text box appears as normal.  The users and analyst that are seeing this were those that installed the Service Desk console via OneTouch Package.  Up until today, everything had been working great for our analyst.  For those that i manually installed from the setup files, they are not experiencing this at all.

Any ideas what could be causing this?  I have not modified the windows since the initial build months ago, and no one has admin rights except myself to edit things.

Any input would be great.. Thank you

Attached are two screen shots

"working" - how it should show up normally

"not working" - how its showing now (note the underscore on Details)

• 1. Re: Text box not showing in Incident window
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

You will see this behaviour if you are on a 64bit machine but the 32bit console client is running rather than console64.exe.  You may want to contact your support provider for advice on how to correct your OneTouch package.

Best wishes

Karen

• 2. Re: Text box not showing in Incident window
            Apprentice

Could you please elaborate?

The machines are 32-bit and from what i understand, 64-bit console / software in general cannot run on a 32-bit platform.

• 3. Re: Text box not showing in Incident window

Hi

Perhaps your issue is that the OneTouch package was created on a 64bit server but your clients are 32bit?  After some further research I've found that there is a known issue around this but I believe this was seen when the opposite happened (64 bit clients).

I would recommend you log this with Support as then they will be able to advise you quicker than I about how to progress.  OneTouch isn't really a strong point of mine and it would be easier to discuss on the phone how your environment is all configured.

You have direct support with us so can raise a support case via this link:

http://community.landesk.com/support/community/smartservice

Best wishes

Karen

• 4. Re: Text box not showing in Incident window
                Apprentice

I think i have stumbled upon a solution.

(Ive attached two images that i found to be the problem.)

Attachment: non-32bit-dlls.jpg

*This is what is installed from the OneTouch installer.

(Note: these DLLs are x64, all other DLLs do not indicate x64, so im assuming they are all 32-bit)

Attachment Image: 32bit-dlls.jpg
                *These were copied from a straight-installed (non-OneTouch) 32-bit XP machine.

=Attempted Solution: Overwriting x64-bit DLLs with the working 32-bit DLLs

=Result: HTML-enabled text box is back

@KarenP: Is it possible to have this investigated by the OneTouch engineers to see why it would only copy the x64-bit dll's for the TX14*-files (text box)?  Or is there a way to modify the already created OneTouch to prevent the x64-bit from copying in the future?

• 5. Re: Text box not showing in Incident window

Hi

Yes it sounds as if you have found the cause of your issue.  Having spoken to someone else about One Touch, they feel that your easiest solution would be to install the Service Desk client onto a 32bit machine.  Then copy the console folder to your 64bit server and create your One Touch deployment again, picking your newly copied console folder to include in the deployment.

As mentioned, if you need some more specific advice on this please raise a support case in the support portal.

Best wishes

Karen