3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 9:00 PM by dodiy.m

The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address

Apprentice

Hi everyone

I'm using Service Desk 7.4. I get this error in Event Log for Outbound Mail. I had checked table "tps_user_message_recipient"  but no suspicious email (I mean an email address without "@" char, email address too long, invalid email address) but still the error come up.

Now, no notification can send out from system. As I check just now, the connection is ok.

Regards,

Dodi

• 1. Re: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Dodi,

This error might be referring to the "From" address you specified in the "Outbound Mail Servier Settings" in Console.  You will get this error if that address is not valid.

Thanks

• 2. Re: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
            Expert

Hi Dodi

I have also encountered this message.  In the event log I was able to go back to when the error first appeared to see what date/time this occurred.  Within SQL, I then looked in the tps_user_message tables to see which message corresponded with time (allowing for time zone difference).  I then just marked the message as sent within this table.

However, I must admit that the message in question looked fine.  The message was generated as an escalation of one of my SLA rules, and other rules had been firing off fine.  I haven't been able to replicate it in testing - it has only happened twice in production.

Cheers

Paul

• 3. Re: The specified string is not in the form required for an e-mail address
              Apprentice

Same with me. I also cannot replicate it in testing. I suspect it related with placeholder in escalations I set in SLA.

Besides, I also always get error log "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" for Outbound Mail. Initially this happen when placeholder have null value. I set default value for every placeholder so when placeholder null it will replace it will default value. I though with this, error object reference will not show again.

But notification will send out by system even though have error object reference.

Regards,

Dodi