5 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 10:20 AM by Fabian Schmidt

Escalation emails

Rookie

Hi,

I have set the escalation actions as to how they have set up within the incident management for request management and we don't appear to be receiving them.

We used to receive the email prior to me making amendments, just to state that call has been logged and that its breached its SLA.  However its been changed to include when its been logged and the escalation throughout its lifecycle....

Any ideas?

• 1. Re: Escalation emails
          ITSMMVPGroup

It's most likely to be an issue with deferencing the attributes you have added.  That probably is a bit obvious/not helpful :-), so if you take a look in the application event log on the server running background/outbound email, that will probably give you a pointer.

• 2. Re: Escalation emails
            Rookie

Hi Dave, you have been ever so helpful... i have checked the event logs on the server and you are correct there are errors -

Please see the below - is there anything that you can suggest?   Would it be wist to remove the escalations?

Log Name:      Application
            Source:        Touchpaper Services Background Processing
            Date:          17/02/2012 07:58:04
            Event ID:      0
            Task Category: None
            Level:         Error
            Keywords:      Classic
            User:          N/A
            Computer:    

Description:
            The Escalation Point Processing task failed with the following error message: Background processing error: Escalation Point expiry action failed for escalation point of class type 'RequestManagement.EscalationPoint' with primary key 'b14445e6-852e-4767-a53d-ff56d6ea83fc'. String or binary data would be truncated.
            The statement has been terminated.
            Event Xml:
            <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
              <System>
                <Provider Name="Touchpaper Services Background Processing" />
                <EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID>
                <Level>2</Level>
                <Task>0</Task>
                <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
                <TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-02-17T07:58:04.000000000Z" />
                <EventRecordID>205215</EventRecordID>
                <Channel>Application</Channel>
                <Computer>wvpldcore1b.pct.xwolverhampton.nhs.uk</Computer>
                <Security />
              </System>
              <EventData>
                <Data>The Escalation Point Processing task failed with the following error message: Background processing error: Escalation Point expiry action failed for escalation point of class type 'RequestManagement.EscalationPoint' with primary key 'b14445e6-852e-4767-a53d-ff56d6ea83fc'. String or binary data would be truncated.
            The statement has been terminated.</Data>
              </EventData>
            </Event>

• 3. Re: Escalation emails
              ITSMMVPGroup

It looks as though either the title or more likely the description field has got too many attributes or some are too long.  You could try taking them out one at a time until it works.  I'd start with removing long ones like description.  If that doesn't help, I'd suggest sending a copy of your DB to whoever does support for you to take a look.

• 4. Re: Escalation emails
                Rookie

Managed to resolve it! thanks for all of your help!

• 5. Re: Escalation emails
                  Fabian Schmidt Expert

I'm currently running into the same issue.

How did you solve the error?