1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 16, 2012 10:17 AM by Bricktop

Using email addresses in reminders

Apprentice

Hi,

I am trying to send out a Reminder to an email address which is held outside of the usual User object. The attribute is a custom one on the root object. In this case Call.

From my initial digging around I cannot see how I could use this email address directly from the Reminder object. And I cannot see a way of using the Reminder Recipient object to go down that route of adding a new recipient which does allow free text email addresses to be used.

Has anyone found a work around to this?

I am avoiding having the analysts create new "users" or entries in another object and linking it.

Thanks

Daniel

• 1. Re: Using email addresses in reminders
          Apprentice

Hi Daniel,

unfortunately we are limited to Notify Assignee/Customer/Originator/Supplier when it comes to sending emails from reminders or assignments.  I have an ER which proposes a tool in which we can specify an email address or group of email addresses as I too have similar requirements. http://community.landesk.com/support/ideas/1310

This way we could fire an email off at any stage of a process (within reason) including after a reminder although the reminder would have to be an action on the process and this wouldn't work with optional actions.

Hope this helps

1 of 1 people found this helpful