2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 2, 2012 4:56 PM by MrGadget

ASSVOL2.TXT Question

MrGadget Expert

LD9 SP2

I have been looking over my deploy scripts because sometimes the boot sector gets messed up and has to be repaired.

All of my Deploy scripts have a file thats called by Diskpart called assvol2.txt.

This file is not on my core server nor is it contained in the boot.wim file in the ldclient folder. The only thing I can find is assvol.txt

This is put in the script by Landesk. Could this be a bug?

Also I noticed FixWindows.exe is in all of the scripts and from the Landesk explaination of it, it should fix the boot sector automatically. Is this true?

• 1. Re: ASSVOL2.TXT Question
          SupportEmployee

In your script you will see a line similar to this: "REMEXEC34=ldrun sdclient.exe /f /o /dest="x:\ldclient\assvol2.TXT" /p="http://%CUSTJOBHOSTIP%/landesk/files/ASSVOL.TXT" /attemptpref". That line executes a command to copy the assvol.txt file from the core server to the client. The client will then run diskpart /s X:\LDClient\assvol2.txt to assign the volumes.

FixWindows will assign the bootable partition. In the gui if you set the system partition under image type and path to partition 2, you will see an entry in the script that looks similar to this "REMEXEC43=ldrun x:\cba8\FixWindows.exe 2". Where 2 is setting the partition that should be bootable.

• 2. Re: ASSVOL2.TXT Question
            MrGadget Expert

So in other words assvol2.txt is just assvol.txt renamed.

Fixwindows explanation by Landesk was is fixes the Boot partition but it really doesn't on its own it uses what you put in the gui to know which one to fix. It would be nice it scanned and fixed the correct one on its own because some of my Techs put in the wrong partition and we end up with a unbootable imaged computer.

Thanks for your reply.