1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 28, 2012 3:10 AM by karenpeacock

Notify Assignee Not Working

Rookie

My Change Process has several add reminder actions, and none of the notify assignee seem to be working. 

I have searched some of the forums and I have found this answer which seems to resolve this problem

On the reminder make sure the current group and current user assignees are copied into the equivalent fields on the reminder using value types.  I agree setting the check box should be the only thing required, but ....

But I am not sure what is meant by using value types.
      For example on my Send Impact Assessment Reminder the box is ticked  is active. (Refer to Send Impact Assessment Screen Shot Attached).
      Subject is completed
      Details is completed
      Send Date is complted
      Group is blank (I have tried adding a value of Change/_SendImpactAssessment/_Group) but everytime I save it, it disappears.
      Notify Assignee is ticked.

Also my assignement e-mails aren't working, a group has been selected CCRM Team, and I have ticked the Notify Assignee (Analyst and Role is blank)  but I don't get any e-mails, the Notify Originator emails are working so I know we have working e-mail functionality.Refer to screen Shot Assignment which is attached

• 1. Re: Notify Assignee Not Working
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi Emma

As there are a few questions this sounds like it might be better raised as a support case so you can be talked through the process but I'll give it a try to answer on here.

Also my assignement e-mails aren't working, a group has been selected CCRM Team, and I have ticked the Notify Assignee (Analyst and Role is blank)  but I don't get any e-mails, the Notify Originator emails are working so I know we have working e-mail functionality.Refer to screen Shot Assignment which is attached

If the assignment is only for a group and not an individual you need to ensure that on the analyst to group membership screen you have the "recieves group emails" tickbox set.

In terms of what value types are you can find an explanation in the designer manual under "Specifying a value from a collection for an automatic action".  Here is the designer manual for 7.5: LANDesk Service Desk Suite 7.5 Designer

Best wishes

Karen