2 Replies Latest reply on Mar 6, 2012 4:35 AM by dcb

Incident details field "write once"

Rookie

Hi.

Please could someone offer some advise regarding making changes to a details field which is set as "write once".

The field is our 'Incident details' part of the form which is written by the service desk and once saved / progressed to the next step it can not be amended.  Its now been questioned as to wether some changes can be made to the process so that ONLY the service desk group can amend it (read / write) at any time in the process & not just at initial creation of the incident but for everyone else it remains read only.

Thanks in advance

David

• 1. Re: Incident details field "write once"
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi David

There shouldn't need to be any need to alter your process design you will just need different window designs.  One for the Service Desk group which has the attribute properties on the window set to allow Read/Write and another for everyone else to see which has the attribute properties set to Write Once.  When you have both windows created you then publish different windows to different groups by using window views and rules.  There is more information on this within the designer guide on page 107 "Publishing Windows" LANDesk Service Desk Suite 7.5 Designer

Best wishes

Karen

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Incident details field "write once"
            Rookie

Karen, thanks for your quick reply.  I had looked through my original Student Guides etc but it was over 2 years ago when I was last involved with Landesk!

Many thanks

David