1 Reply Latest reply on Mar 7, 2012 8:45 AM by sundi712

What delivery method does provisioning use?

Rookie

I'm trying to use a software distribution package in a provisioning template but each time I try I get errors. If I watch the sdmcache the file appears very quickly but then disappears.

I want to deploy Office2010 using a UNC path and run from source. I have a preferred server setup with credentials that work. If I distribute this package to a device it works fine. If I use it in my provisioning template it fails.

Since I can't choose my delivery method for the package in the template I'm wondering how exactly its trying to install it.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: What delivery method does provisioning use?
          Apprentice

The delivery method used for actions in a provisioning task can only be set when creating a template (or selecting the template in WinPE). This is at least true for v.9 (I believe all SPs). I recall reading a discussions regarding this a while back and was able to find at at the link below. Take a look at Mach6's comment. When first starting provisioning, I created two PSP delivery methods- one set to use high bandwidth usage and the other low but didn't notice any difference. I just kept the one created to use high bandwidth usage and have not heard any complaints from our networking department.

http://community.landesk.com/support/message/45941#45941

With the SWD error that you are receiving, have you looked in the provisioning logs? Also in the scheduled task itself, are there any errors/messages listed under the Status or Message columns for the computers failing?