5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 8, 2012 1:32 PM by Joe.Adkinson

HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1

Rookie

Hello,

I am using Provisioning and my script is failing during the HII process.  I don't see a DISM log on the "X:" drive but in the HIIClient.log I see the following error:

DISM returned code: -1

ProcessDrivers failed.

It appears that the drivers are being downloaded properly, but I can't figure out where to look to determine which of the drivers is causing the problem?

I looked on the forums but no dice on where I need to go to investigate further.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Joe

• 1. Re: HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1
          Rookie

Ok, I dug a little more and I think I see whats going on but I don't know how to fix it.  The "X" drive doesn't have DISM.EXE which is odd.  I am redeploying the PXE rep to those machines to see if it makes a difference unless someone knows why DISM.EXE wouldn't be downloaded during the PXE boot process?

• 2. Re: HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1
            SupportEmployee

The dism.exe should be in the x:\windows\system32 directory. The file itself comes from the boot.wim file. You can mount the boot.wim on your core using imagex and make sure that the dism file exists within the boot.wim. The boot.wim file can be found in the C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\ManagementSuite\landesk\vboot\bootwim directory. Imagex is also located in that directory. If you do not see the dism.exe you may want to verify that the boot.wim was updated correctly during the sp3 installation. Look at the osd.upgrade.exe file in the landesk\managementsuite\logs directory on your core. When you are booted in the winpe environment if you start a new console the version number should be 6.1.7601, if it shows 6.0.nnnn it did not upgrade correctly. The dism logs can be found at x:\windows\logs\dism\dism.log. For details on the specific driver see the setupapi.offline.log file found at %windir%\inf\.

• 3. Re: HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1
              Rookie

I think that's exactly what is happening.  I still had WAIK on the core and I don't think it updated the WinPE.  I am uninstalling WAIK 2.0 on the core and running the SP3 install again.  I'm guessing no version of WAIK needs to be on the core or the PXE rep with the inclusion of SP3?

Thanks for your help.

Joe

• 4. Re: HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1
                SupportEmployee

That is correct. During the installation of SP3 it shows a warning that WAIK is still installed and should be removed prior to upgrading to SP3. Once uninstalled you can just run the osd.upgrade.exe again. It should take a few minutes to run. You may also want to review http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24702 because it goes through ensuring that you have the right boot.wim file in place for that process to be successful. It also will help if you have any errors during the process.

• 5. Re: HII problem with SP3 DISM error -1
                  Rookie

Thanks for your help Eric.  After patching the core again and updating NIC drivers + PXE Representative push all is well with the world.  My HII still has a few bugs, but at least its working and will let the rest of the script go through.

Joe