3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 15, 2012 1:27 AM by dmshimself

Error when running LANDesk Service Desk Citrix Console

Apprentice

When connected to LANDesk Service Desk via Citrix, we continually receive a Microsoft .NET Framework error. The error says: Unhandled exception has ocurred in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you clock Quit, the application will close immedidately. There was an error generating the XML document.

LANDesk Ctrix error.jpg

We are running LANDesk Service Desk version 7.4.0.2549

The error occurs when I double-click on any query in LANDesk while running Citrix. It also occurs if I click on any Shortcut on the Administration Bar such as Administration, Data Import, Crystal Reports, Mail etc. or any of the Designer screens.

If we run the local console on our PCs, we do not get the error. If we run the local console directly on our Citrix servers, we do not get the error. It only seems to occur on Citrix clients.

Attached are more details of the error message.

Can anyone help?

• 1. Re: Error when running LANDesk Service Desk Citrix Console
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Sounds like a file system priviledge of some description.  7.4 likes people to have access to the LANDesk folder where console is run from so the snapin.config file can be updated from time to time.  It also likes to have access to their profile to store local metadata cache if you have metadata caching set to true in the console.exe.config file people are using.  For queries I'd also check the default document location is OK.

• 2. Re: Error when running LANDesk Service Desk Citrix Console
            Apprentice

We have temporarily resolved the problem by removing a batch file that was added to the Citrix server to run on the startup of LANDesk.

This batch file would allow us to map the Citrix V: drive to the users C: drive on their client PC.

Here is the contents of the batch file:

===START===

@ECHO OFF

IF EXIST V:\Users GOTO USE_V

START C:\Progra~1\landesk\LANDes~1\Console.exe

EXIT

:USE_V

REGEDIT.EXE /S \\coates.com.au\itc\CTX\CTXregForWin7.reg

START C:\Progra~1\landesk\LANDes~1\Console.exe

EXIT

===END===

The registry “CTXregForWin7.reg “ file redirects the following values under the [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] key,

CTXregForWin7.jpg

Without it we get the following error when saving an attachment using LANDesk via Citrix on a Windows 7 PC:

Citrix V drive error.jpg

How do you we get Citrix clients working correctly with saving attachments on Windows 7 without using the batch file?

• 3. Re: Error when running LANDesk Service Desk Citrix Console
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

I'd try running the console from the folder it is located in.  It needs the current working directory set up correctly to run.  If you take a look at the shortcut created by the installer, you'l lsee what I mean (hopefully!)