4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 22, 2012 7:32 AM by Gilles Portal

Sysprep/Windows 7

Rookie

Good afternoon,

This is more of a general question. I have followed the basic guides in regards to preparing Windows 7 for capture by running sysprep.exe, however at no point does it actually have me create my own "c:\unattend.xml".

I see under the deployment there is an option to "Use existing SYSPREP file as a template" which I can then in turn point to the sysprep file created by the GUI, located under "\\core\ldmain\landesk\files\deploy.xml". However, this does not appear to work -- ie: does not automatically join the domain. It looks like it's still looking for the c:\unattend.xml.

Am I missing something? It just seems like there is a disconnect somewhere...

• 1. Re: Sysprep/Windows 7
          Rookie

Hi,

Depending on whether you have Sysprep'd Windows properly, follow this guide to make sure: http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-7444, you should be able to just fill out the information under "Sysprep Options" when you create the deploy script. There is no need to select "Use existing Sysprep file as a template" as it will automatically use the file it creates in \\core\ldmain\files\deploy and inject it into Windows for you.

Hope this helps.

• 2. Re: Sysprep/Windows 7
            Rookie

Sorry the path it stores the xml file is \\core\ldmain\landesk\files.

• 3. Re: Sysprep/Windows 7
              MrGadget Expert

You can make your own.

You have to install and use Windows AIK to make a answer file yourself. Open windows system image manager.

If you use LD 9 sp2 or prior you need windows aik vista version.

For LD 9 SP3 use Windows aik windows 7 version.

You'll also need a vista or windows 7 cd depending on which aik version you use.

• 4. Re: Sysprep/Windows 7
                Gilles Portal Apprentice

Hi ...
                I use this method and it is working  fine. Personaly, for security issues, I choose to join the domain, not with the sysprep method, but with a provisioning task. The Domain administrator login name and password should not be written any where. I use Landesk environment variables, and it is working fine.

My OSD method :

Windows environment :

- Backup old profiles...

- Reboot

WinPe Environnment

- deploy the Windows 7 OS partition.

- Copy some needed files.

Windows Environment

- Sysprep configuration is run at first boot

- Install Landesk Agent

- Join the domain

- Reboot

- Install all softwares I need. (The Windows partition is empty of all softwares and is always the same one).

- Shutdown the computer

I hopes it could help you.