5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 18, 2012 9:22 AM by Frank Wils

    Agent install fails during OSD (LD MS 9.0 SP3)

    Rookie

      Hello guys,

       

      I need a bit troubleshooting help.

       

      I'm trying to re-implement our Windows 7 OSD after installing SP3 in LANDesk Management Suite.

      I got stock when the OSD task tries to install the Agent. The Message says I shall have a look at the log file

      C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp\\wscfg32.xlg

      which I did but the only info I can find is a 1603 error (which means 'access denied' for MSI, but do they apply?)

      I've added you guys the last lines of the wscfg32.xlg, maybe they tell you more then me.

       

      03/27/2012 09:53:11.016    2340    2348    tokens.cpp    643    SUCCEEDED:  Running application: C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\rainstall.exe "/replace=LDCLIENTDIRECTORY=C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient" /vroot=ldiscn.vroot
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.016    2340    2348    ntstacfgDlg.cpp    1463    INI:  EXEC2=C:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\LDClient\rainstall.exe, /delvroot=ldiscn.vroot /remove, DELETEONLY
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.016    2340    2348    tokens.cpp    556    IGNORED:  Running application during uninstall only
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.016    2340    2348    ntstacfgDlg.cpp    2385    Processing LANDesk Desktop Manager Post Copy
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.016    2340    2348    ntstacfgDlg.cpp    2516    FAILED:  Finished
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.032    2340    2348    tokens.cpp    1889    SUCCEEDED:  Deleting files - no matching files
      03/27/2012 09:53:11.032    2340    2348    ntstacfgDlg.cpp    2610    FAILED:  bCriticalError is true.  Setting exit code to ERROR_INSTALL_FAILURE
      03/27/2012 09:56:44.456    2340    2344    ntstacfg.cpp    135    UPdateClientDbStatus:  Core Name is:
      03/27/2012 09:56:44.456    2340    2344    ntstacfg.cpp    327    Application exit value is 1603
      03/27/2012 09:56:44.456    2340    2344    xtrace.c    466    process log done

       

      Some further notes:

       

      * I followed the SP3 upgrade guides, got 1 error at the end:

       

      <unknown error>
          CommonCore.inf: (0xFFFFFFFF) OSD.Upgrade.exe,60000

       

      * fixed this by following this guide, starting from scratch with an fresh & empty WinPE 3.1 from unpacked SP3:

       

      http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-24702

       

      * also created a new Agent configuration, which I deployed successfully on all our current clients via Schedulded Task

       

      * I captured the Windows 7 in OOBE/generalize/shutdown mode (like described here: http://forum.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-23248)

       

      Thanks a lot for your help.

      Best,

      Norman