3 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 8:07 AM by rdandrea

How to extract all data of applications with the last used date

Rookie

I'm new at my firm and with LanDesk, and I've been tasked to rationalize our applications.  In order to do that I'm trying to run a total report for all inventory for software that was last time used.  This will give me a list of all underutilized software.  The only person who knows LD here is out, and I'm trying to learn on my own.  I'm in the Software License Monitoring section of the LD Mgmt Console.  I cannot find a report that will list me all discvered products/apps, machine name, owner, last date used.  I haven't had any luck trying to write a query either.  I can get the information if I select each product indiviidually, expand the view for all records, view the report, export the report and send it to myself.  But there are alost 4000 discovered applications, it would take me forever, and I haven't been given that much time.  Any help and/or guidance is deeply appreciated.

Thanks,

RD

• 1. Re: How to extract all data of applications with the last used date
          Apprentice

I've run into a similar situation. I had to limit the "Day since last Used" to something reasonable (in the past 365 days) otherwise it would lock up the management console...

Anyway, I created the follow query

Search by the following:

"Computer" --> "Software" --> "Package" --> "Days Since Last Used" > "365"  <--- Put whatever number you want here

Then for the columns I sorted by the following:

1. "Computer" --> "Device Nme"  <-- This gave me the machine name

2. "Computer" --> "Primary Owner" <-- We wanted to know who this belonged to so we could ask if they still needed the software after a year

3. "Computer" --> "Software" --> "Package" --> "Name" <-- The name of the software that hadn't been run in a year

4. "Computer" --> "Software" -- "Package" --> "Days Since Last Used" <-- Obviously the total number of days since the software in question had been run

5. " Computer" --> "Software" --> "Package" --> "Last Started"  <-- The actual date of the last software start.

You can then run the query and export as a CSV file or a report (which you can put into any format really).

Hope this helps some.

• 2. Re: How to extract all data of applications with the last used date
            Apprentice

One thing to note as well, you'll get some junk data with this query. For example in my environment it will return ".NET Framework installation utility". 99% of end users wouldn't be running this anyway, so you'll have to filter out what you don't want to see. Easy enough to export it into Excel or something similar and just filter from there.

• 3. Re: How to extract all data of applications with the last used date
              Rookie

It worked like a champ.  Thanks for the help