4 Replies Latest reply on May 1, 2012 1:34 PM by Jamie Cannon

Creating ticket in different module within a process

Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

Is it possible to have a process auto create a ticket in another workflow within another module?

Example:

From a Service Desk ticket, could I possibly check a box that would then (in the background using a condition) check to see if that's true and IF it is, have it create a new ticket in the HR module with the details from that Service Desk ticket?

I'm hoping you can because I think I've heard of other systems that can. 

Hoping for good news!

Thank,

Jamie

• 1. Re: Creating ticket in different module within a process
          dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

Certainly.  Drag the one process object onto the other process object, answer yes to the question and you'll have a new action which does this.  A quick window and some value type copies and you should be set Jamie.  The main thing to be aware of is that you cannot create a many to many relationship using this method if such a relationship hasn't been built by the developers.  But to do what you asked for this isn't needed (so why did I bother even mentioning it!)

• 2. Re: Creating ticket in different module within a process

Dave my friend!  Always good to hear from you.  So what you are saying is all I need to do is Drag "Activity" under Process Management --> Process to "Incident" under Process Management --> and I'm all set?  Or am I to drag it somewhere else?  If so, how I be able to do an auto assign to a group and have it follow their specific workflow as a new ticket in their workflow and queue?

Thanks Dave!

• 3. Re: Creating ticket in different module within a process
              dmshimself ITSMMVPGroup

That's it Jamie.  You will then get an Incident collection on acitvity.  I'd rename the Title and Name to be just 'Incidents' before doing the save.  Then on the collection right hand click manage actions and add a creation one called (say) Add Incident.

Add the action to your Activity process.  As an optional action or not, the default process can then be set in the Properties and you could also set up some default Action Instance data and a template in there.  Automatic actions could also copy stuff from the activity to the incident using value type attributes.  I'd add the incident collection to the Activity window so you can see them, jump to them etc.

Using this method doesn't allow you to have the nice Add/Create/Detach actions because that needs the many to many relationship I was woffling on about before, but it is a very handy way of adding and linking new incidents to your HR process.

• 4. Re: Creating ticket in different module within a process

Sounds great!  I will give it a shot.  Thank you sir!