3 Replies Latest reply on May 4, 2012 8:09 AM by jennashaw

Identify Changes Logged via Templates

lianne.redding Apprentice

Hi

Is there a way to identify if a Change was logged via a template?

Thanks,

Lianne

• 1. Re: Identify Changes Logged via Templates
          Apprentice

Hi Lianne,

On templates I have set up there are a couple of fields that are read only, and are populated automatially as part of the process. So I know that a certain template is used if the field equals a certain value.

I can't see anyway that this is currently captured, but you could add a read only attribute to your change window and set it in your template, for example, call the attribute "Template Type" and make it a dropdown list and then set each one for your templates (Template A", "Template B" etc.).

Hope this helps,

Jenna

• 2. Re: Identify Changes Logged via Templates
            lianne.redding Apprentice

Thanks Jenna - this is how i set up templates in incident management but for some reason didn't have the foresite to do it in change management!  Going forward I think i'll look to put this onto my change templates but it would be really useful to be able to 'back fill' this value for all exiting changes logged via template - like you say i don't think it's possible to identify this

• 3. Re: Identify Changes Logged via Templates
              Apprentice

No problem, sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Just had a quick browse through the database tables and can't see anything promising there either I'm afraid.