5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 5:15 PM by hadyn.dawson

Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team

Rookie

Hi,

I'm new to LANDesk so forgive me if this has been answered elsewhere.

We are using LANDesk 7.5 and I've been asked to produce some queries that will show all the breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for the current user's group.

I can produce individual queries for Incidents, Requests, Tasks that are breached.

Even though all Incidents, Requests, Tasks children of the Process object and all of these have an attribute of 'Is Breached'   I can't seem to query on this via the process object.

Is this correct or am I missing something obvious?

Is this because the Process object does not have an attribute of 'Is Breached'?

Any help much appreciated,

Michael

• 1. Re: Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team
          ITSMMVPGroup

Those 'is breached' attributes are specific to each process domain, so combining them is tricky without resorting to crystal or database views.  You could produce a single dashboard and put each query on it as a count, that way they all display in one place?

• 2. Re: Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team
            Rookie

Hi Dave,

thanks for this but our teams do not want a simple count.

In fact it is a general requirement for how several of our teams work that we are able to display both Incidents and Requests with the same criteria - in this case 'Is Breached' in the same panel.

Another example would be to display all the Incidents and Requests that have the same statuses.

We have common statuses of Run, Remote Support and Workbench for both Incidents and Requests so that the work for the team can be divided up based the actions required of the Analyst.

Is there any documentation on how to achive this or similar using database views in LANDesk?

Thanks in advance,

Michael

• 3. Re: Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team
              ITSMMVPGroup

I'd log a support call really to get the definitive answer.  I'd also talk to the team who did your implementation.  If this requirement was in with those that they took on, perhaps they have some work still left to do?

Also in this portal you will find an area landesk service desk/reporting and that is for sure worth a good look and there are some useful guides to crystal reports etc in that section.  Also check out the landesk servicedesk/database section.

(I'd paste some links in but that feature is apparently a bit broken at the moment)

• 4. Re: Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team
                karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

I believe that only links to the ER section are broken at the moment Dave.  It tries to be "clever" and add the community area on again to the URL.  It's being looked into.

Michael, the getting started guides for Reporting are at the top of this section under "Featured Content":

Reporting

Best wishes

Karen

• 5. Re: Query to show All Breached Incidents, Requests, Tasks for a team
                  Expert

Hi Michael,

We had a similar issue for a customer wanting to display Change, Incident and Task records on a single query and display the Response Level for each, however the same as "Is Breached", Response Level is on the Child Object not the Parent Process object. To get around this we created a field called "Response Level Text" on the Process Object and displayed this in those queries. We then used a copy rule to copy Response Level.Title to Response Level Text meaning that the name of the Response Level in use was then viewable from Process-based queries.

In your case you could essentially do the same thing by creating a boolean attribute called say "SLA Breached", create a copy rule on Create, Update and Value Changed events to copy the Is Breached value to the SLA Breached field then use this field on your queries.

Cheers,

Hadyn