2 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 8:40 AM by ndclinite

Dependent Packages not getting installed.

Rookie

I am running LANDesk 9.0.3 and I am trying to test ot Dependent Packages for use in deploying software suites on my network.  To do this, I have a batch file package that all it does is return a code, and has as a dependency the MSI package "Master Collection CS5.5".

My test client is a VM with a Snapshot.  Starting with the fresh Snapshot, as a test I deploy the Master Collection CS5.5 package by itself successfully.  I then revert to the snapshot and try to deploy my batch file.  It returns successfully, but when I check the client the Master Collection CS5.5 package is not installed.

I check the sdclient log (specifically, sdclient_task64), and find this:  "The package master collection cs5.5 was detected as being installed and will not be processed".  Only, since this is after a Snapshot, it isn't true.  Just to be sure, without restoring the Snapshot, I went ahead and deployed the Master Collection CS5.5 package by itself, and it worked fine.

Any idea what is going on?

• 1. Re: Dependent Packages not getting installed.
          Rookie

Oh, also, if I deliver the batch package with a Policy-support Push, it returns with a Done status.  If I deliver the package with a run-from-source, it gives me a Failed status with the result "Recursion too depp; the stack overflowed", but it gives the expected return code from my batch file so I think it might be an incorrect result given in error.

• 2. Re: Dependent Packages not getting installed.
            Rookie

Apparently uninstalling the program through the Control Panel wasn't enough, as deploying an /x package seemed to clear up the problem and now the dependent package runs fine.

I find it more than a little silly that LANDesk does not allow the /fa switch, as it could actually serve a use in package dependencies.