5 Replies Latest reply on May 14, 2012 9:59 AM by zman

Export Software List

Rookie

Hi All

Still messing around with bits and pieces in LanDesk but I have been asked to provide a list of all software installed across the business in preperation for an OS upgrade. Is there someway to export simply the list of software (possibly with install counts)?

• 1. Re: Export Software List
          Bradley_M Apprentice

To get counts for things I usually put things into excel and then do a pivot table.

I would create a generic query that would target your entire environment and put Add/Remove Program->Program->Name as a column but not put a qualifier.  That will dump all your computers and each of the software programs on them.  Export that to a CSV and then in Excel create a pivot table out of it.  That will give you a count of every piece of software in your environment.  When I am doing this I usually include Computer Location and Primary Owner in the query too to use in the table.

The only thing to be careful is that if you have a very large environment the console might not be able to take the query.  Might be simply too big as it will probably be around 50 software pieces x # of computers judging from my environment.  The query might time out.

• 2. Re: Export Software List
            Rookie

Yeah, 1700 computers with a fair amount of software is causing us an issue certainly.

• 3. Re: Export Software List
              Bradley_M Apprentice

It depends on how amped up your servers are.  Mine can take that level of computers.  I just tried and it translated out to 230K rows and took about 60 seconds to resolve.

Otherwise I would just try making a query and make a column for each piece of software you actually care about.  Personally I don't like making counts with the reporting engine and find it easier doing the manipulation in excel.  Especially if you don't have to make the report that pretty and just want the counts.

• 4. Re: Export Software List
                Rookie

Was getting there when a worthy colleague in another office produced the necessary list. Not sure how he did it yet but I'll post back when I know

• 5. Re: Export Software List
                  zman Master

You could use the report designer.  I've attached three files:

1. Total Software is a very simple query that lists device name and Application suite name.
                  2. Total Software No Devices is a very simple report that lists software with counts.
                  3. Total Software W Devices is a same report withe the devices listed.

You can import these play around with them and use this doc as a guide. http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-22170