4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 16, 2008 9:32 AM by phoffmann

System.OutOfMemoryException

Rookie

I'm using LANDesk 8.6. When i want to creating report of software log from my script, i have an error message "Exception of type System.OutOfMemoryException was thrown. I see the memory usage, and it's normal that not bigger than available. I post the image of the error. Please help me to solve this problem.

• 1. Re: System.OutOfMemoryException
          phoffmann SupportEmployee

The problem might be coming from your DB system.

Depends on what kind of report you're running, and how many clients you're running it against. Also, how long does it take to run into the error?

Since your on 8.6 - what SP do you use? (I can't recall if there's been anything like this fixed, 8.6 is now rather dated, but it never hurts being on actually the latest SP for even an EOL'ed release).

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.

• 2. Re: System.OutOfMemoryException
            Rookie

Thanx you for the reply.  I'm sorry i cant see what kind of report do you mean to ask. However, i just want to try to explain more. The query i built is to inventory the software log upon about 7000 client. And when i "right click and view as report" the error appears.  And the time is about one minute. I'm using LANDesk 8.6 SP3

Thanks

• 3. Re: System.OutOfMemoryException
              Rookie

I also experience of same thing, when will make report of software license monitoring from default report hence go out the error. fyi, I use landesk 8.7 sp4 and 6000 users.

• 4. Re: System.OutOfMemoryException
                phoffmann SupportEmployee

Now, 8.6 is completely EOL and has been for a considerable amount of time, so there's little we (as LANDesk) can do there.

For 8.7 though, that's not going to be a problem. Likely would help you could log a case with LANDesk support and provide us with a DB-backup, so that we can see if we can duplicate the issue on our end.

This will then give us a good basis from which to work from (note that the two issues here COULD be related, or could be unrelated - just because you get a similar error message doesn't mean you have the same problem).

So - when you log the case, I'd suggest:

- providing us with a full DB export (and mentioning whether it's SQL or Oracle - and what version).

- Listing the specs of the Core as well as the DB-server (see also the document here - http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2356 - to determine if you're having shortcomings here).

... and we should be able to work from there.

Regards,

Paul Hoffmann

LANDesk EMEA Technical Lead.