1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 15, 2008 10:56 AM by RickDavie

Server Reboots

Rookie

Hi there,

I am not sure where this question should go so I chose this area. I have a reboot job scheduled for my servers after I do the monthly updates. I have a reboot computer script that has the following command REMEXEC1=poweroff /REBOOT 0. I am finding that all the servers show that they completed the job but i often find that servers did not actually reboot. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Megan

• 1. Re: Server Reboots
          Expert

I use shutdown.exe from the Resource Kit. It always works and has a bit more flexability... Here is my custjob script... You can use the /? to get the command line options...

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;

;  Reboot Clients with Shutdown.EXE

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

ABORT_ON_CMD_FAILURE=1

TASK_COMPLETION_ENABLED=FALSE

REMEXEC0=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\sdclient.exe<qt/> /f /o /p="http://%CUSTJOBHOST%/ldlogon/shutdown.exe"

REMEXEC1=<qt/>%LDMS_CLIENT_DIR%\shutdown.exe<qt/> /L /R /T:90 "Please close all applications now" /C

***This copies the exe to the client from the LDLOGON dir on the core...