6 Replies Latest reply on May 30, 2012 5:14 AM by kec

Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details

Apprentice

Hello,

I have had this request from a customer...

Is it possible to restrict the assignment of Incidents/SR's to the following groups for Incident Progression Analysts only:

Incident Progression

Mobile Desktop Support

So in other words only Incident Progression Analysts would be able to assign Incidents/SR's to the above groups.

I thought this filter would be simple but I’ve now realised that it’s not so easy.

The Incident Assignment Support Group drop-down list is based on the Group attribute on the Process Assignment object.

The difficulty I have is determining the current Support Group of the analyst who is selecting the drop-down.

I don’t think (as part of the filter criteria) that I can get a hold of these details.

Does anyone know if this will be possible?,

many thanks,

Keiron.

• 1. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
          dgaughran Apprentice

hi Keiron,

should be possible to do this within object designer. apply this to your group assignment attribute within the incident object. within that attribute you'll need to access the filter selectors in the properties of the relevant attribute. then you'll need to apply a suitable filter so for that support group so that only those support groups listed above are returned. you can for example put in a create group condition so that when incident progression are creating the assignment they are directed towards the filter that only shows those groups.

rgds,

dave

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
            Apprentice

Hi Dave,

thanks for your contribution.

The problem I have is using the filter criteria.

What I want to say is:

If this person is a member of Support Group xxxxxxxxx then use filter yyyyyyyyyyy which show the full list

otherwise use  filter zzzzzzzzz which displays a restricted list.

It's the 'If this person is a member of Support Group xxxxxxxxx' bit that I can't figure how to do.

i.e. using the 'filter critera' window, I can't determine if the analyst is a member of the Support Group that should see everything.

Hope this explains it better,

Keiron.

• 3. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
              dgaughran Apprentice

hi Keiron,

after setting up the filter and with the filter highlighted within the attribute filters selectors window select the new condition button. then select the appropriate path (your assign group name attribute, the comparison type would be equals to. then select the radion button Specify an absolute value for this attribute. Insert the name of the group exactly as it is within the application. in relation to your question as to how to set up If this person is a member of Support Group xxxxxxxxx then use filter yyyyyyyyyyy which show the full list otherwise use  filter zzzzzzzzz which displays a restricted list. what the application will do is go through the filter list (there can be more than one) until it sees one that applies. so if you have another filter that could apply to this group (maybe its unconditional) then you can move the conditinal filter to the top of the filter list so that this group hits the applicable filter first and that is the one that will use the relevant filter for them.

rgds,

dave

• 4. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
                Apprentice

Hi Dave,

thanks again for taking time to reply.

I understand that part of it but I'm unsure of how (in the filter rule condition) you say:

This analyst is a member of the 'Incident Progression' support group

as the Process Management > Process Assignment object doesn't appear to hold sufficient data to create this criteria.

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious,

Keiron.

• 5. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
                  dgaughran Apprentice

Keiron,

after having attached the filter apply the condition. you can use the create group > name attribute as part of your criter and then the equals to and then the name of the group. i had a quick look at the process management > Process Assignment object and its all there. see below picture

ConditionalFilter.jpg

dave

• 6. Re: Attribute Filter and obtaining current analyst details
                    Apprentice

Hi Dave,

I contacted LANDesk about the 'Is member of' criteria but they agree that thius cannot be done.

I've marked your answer as correct - thanks for that.

It means I need to advise the customer that they need to change groups before accesing the Assignment window.

One other thing they want is to only apply this filter to Incident Assignments.

I'd assumed that I could reference the parent Process class name to determine this BUT it isn't working - is the parent Process relationship not made until the record is saved?

Thanks again,

Keiron.