1 Reply Latest reply on May 31, 2012 6:04 AM by Stu McNeill

Mins to Breach format

Expert

Hi Folks,

Some of our staff have looked at some other support softwrae and have asked if we can copy some of the things they have seen which they like.

One of which is a graphic on the workload list showing danger of breach.

Luckily these staff use Webdesk so I have a few ideas....

I was thinking of using  "Breach Time" and "Time to Breach" to calculate a percentage.  Then rounding that result to the the nearest 10.

Then using HTML to reference an imahe showing a red bar or similar fcalled 10.jpg, 20.jpg etc

So firstly - am I being really stupid and is there a much easier way of doing this?

Secondly,and only if there's not an easier way,  any idea how I can reformat  "Time to Breach" output to show total minutes - the normal  formatting that I use (return String.Format("{0}", Math.Floor(Value.TotalMinutes)) ) doesn't seem to work - it it not a standard  value?

Many thanks as always,

Cheers - A.

• 1. Re: Mins to Breach format
          Stu McNeill Employee

Hi Adam,

The easiest way would probably be to use the colour or priority on the incident because these can be set automatically via escalation actions, then drive image URLs from those values.

For instance you may already use the colour during the escalation so all you need to do is match an image to the colour value (or see this document for more fun ways of using the colour in calculations and report templates: How to use the colour of an Incident, Problem, Change, etc. in a report template.  Alternatively if you don't already use the Priority ordered list for something else you can increment this via escalation actions too.

Finally the other way I can think of is as you're doing.  The MinutesToBreach() function returns the time in minutes so you can use that directly or divide by 60, etc. to get the time.  I don't think you'd be able to easily know the percentage unless you check against the Response Level and calculate it manually for each.

I hope that helps.