1 of 1 people found this helpful
Never seen this one before and the gateway is somewhatdifficult totroubleshoot. I would open a case up with LANDesk. There is an old post here:
I opened a case with LANDesk. They were able to troubleshoot and resolve.
Glad to hear. Care to share the resolution in case others view this discussion. It would also help support when the user calls.
My apologies ... I was so elated to have the problem resolved that I didn't think to post the solution. -lol
We first had to verify that the Appliance was able to talk with the LANDesk patch servers. This may require that you add host entries on the Appliance.
I added the entries, scanned for updates on the Appliance, and all of the updates on the list were removed. Problem solved --NOT!!! I hadn't applied all the updates that were listed. So not only did this remove the updates that I already applied, it also removed the updates I hadn't applied yet.
So we deleted a some cached files/folders from the Appliance -- /usr/LANDesk/ldms/LDClient/cache
To do this you could use Putty to SSH into the Appliance -- http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-2818
... Or, use a direct connection -- http://community.landesk.com/support/docs/DOC-26157
The problem should have been resolved at this point, but the scan for updates did not repopulate my updates list. It then hit me that, like most other environments, my Appliance resides in a DMZ and a firewall controls the inbound/outbound communication. We already had rules for the LANDesk patch servers in place. So I removed the manual entries I previously added and voila!!! The updates I needed were back on the list and the updates I already applied were no longer there.
Special thanks to Roy Meyer for working with me on this.
Thanks. Roy is great help.