4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 12, 2012 7:12 AM by Terry_Courtney

Dashboard Count Queries

Apprentice

Hi everyone,

I have a bit of an issue with the count bar queries on dashboards within the windows console.

Basically in the new dashboards I have created, the count bar queries when clicked open in the same window as the dashboard and there appears to be no way to "go back" to the dashboard once finished with the query.

There appears to be no way for me to set these queries to open in a new window in the properties of the count query panel. Is this option hidden away somewhere, or does it simply not exist?

I am aware of how to do this for shortcuts and everything else, just not these count queries.

• 1. Re: Dashboard Count Queries
          Apprentice

hi Terry,

forthe query ithat is driving the count query open this up in query designer. under the general action of the query you can set various settings for the query. one of these is to launch the query results in a separate window when double clicking. select this and it should work for you.

rgds,

dave

• 2. Re: Dashboard Count Queries
            Apprentice

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your response on this one. Unfortunatley this is already something I had looked into and I set pretty much all of my queries to launch results in a new window anyway. This check box only has control over when you are double clicking results, once the query has run and displayed a list of results on the screen, it has no effect over the point before and during the count query being double clicked.

Below are the settings for one of the queries driving the count bars.

Query Settings.jpg

Any further ideas?

• 3. Re: Dashboard Count Queries
              Apprentice

hi Terry,

apologies i was looking at our count queries on dashboards within WebDesk which do open within separate windows. but looking at the same dashboard within Console behaviour is as you described (we are on 7.5). Can't see anything within panel properties on the dashboard which might effect the launch method.

rgds,

dave

• 4. Re: Dashboard Count Queries
                Apprentice

No worries thanks for chiming in anyway Dave, I appreciate the help.

Glad it is not just me that is missing something.

If no-one comes in with a way of doing this in the next week or so, i'll raise an ER, because I think this is quite important from an analysts perspective.