1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 6:52 AM by EMiranda

Placing a version number in an Image?

slyork Rookie

Hello Everyone

Is there a way ,or what are your thoughts on, how to place a version/build number inside an image file.

What I would like to be able to do is go to a machine and tell exactly what version of an image it was built with.

Thoughts I have had at the moment are:

Placing a file in the root of c:\               (but that could just get deleted)

Setting a System Variable

The images will be Windows 7, and I am still using LD9 SP2 (Upgrading soon hopefully)

I'd appreciate any thoughts on this.

• 1. Re: Placing a version number in an Image?

This is what I do for versioning...

I create a registry entry for version control. I populate the registry for the image version using a reg add command in the RunSynchronousCommand section of my sysprepI actually add image name, version, date it was imaged, and other things...

I then add those registry values in the LdAppl3.ini to be collected as custom data for Inventory.  This way I can now run queries on Image Versions, New Image names, How many machines were imaged in a month, etc.

I also created a small autoIT script that i put on the computer's start menu that displays this info as well when ran.

1 of 1 people found this helpful