6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2012 2:11 AM by Frank Wils

Cannot get preferred server list from core

v.taillet Apprentice

LD 9.0 SP2

Hello,

I have to deploy packages to 400 store servers, and for 2/3 clients, I get this error :

Processing package : Agent_LD_Caisses_w2k_1.0.0_Install

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:04:47 Request failed, http status 503

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:04:47 Web request to core server failed, result 1, http status 503

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:04:47 Cannot get preferred server list from core

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:04:47 File (\\%sharename%\RefPack\Agent_LD_VLP_w2k\install.cmd) is not in cache

Mon, 25 Jun 2012 10:04:47 processing of package is complete, result -2147467259 (0x80004005 - code 16389)

When I open the C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\sdmcache\preferredservers.%CORENAME%.dat, it is empty (my preferred server name is missing) :

1340615162?

The client IP range is defined in my preferred server's configuration. I tried to not set the client ip range to any preferred servers, but same problem.

I have tried differents delivery methods,s ame problem

Clients have been rebooted, agent have been cleanly deleted then reinstalled.

I have rebooted the core server too.

I have followed another threads for this problem, but no one have an the solution.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
          zman Master

503 is service unavailable. I would check to make sure IIS is running, configured correctly (permissions), application pools are running, etc... I would start with a simple IISreset first.

• 2. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
            v.taillet Apprentice

iisreset had already be done (and core server rebooted)

This problem concern 2 or 3 clients, others work

• 3. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
              zman Master

Good to know. code 16389 is a permissions issue on the share. So if other works fine then has to be an issue with the device. Is this device in a domain, if yes then I would check the trust. See if you can access the package share from the device. Check Antivirus/Hips/Firewall. If all else fails, reinstall the client.

I would also recommend considering upgrading to SP3 in the future.

• 4. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
                v.taillet Apprentice

These 400 servers are not in domain, but they access to files "stored in domain" (require domain account)

What share is used to fill preferredservers.dat ? Is it a HTTP request with sdclient.exe ?

(These clients can access the share of the preferred server with the domain account given to preferred server's configuration)

I've just tried to put offline Trend Officescan as you advice me, but same problem

I have already reinstalled the agent (clean procedure)

(The Distribution packages failures really *** me off, we have a lot of random problems, "cannot get hash files" for 1 client over 5 with the same package for exemple.... LANDesk isnt not reliable for us..)

I have fears to upgrade to SP3, we don't have a landesk test plateform, and SP3 change a lot of things (such as WinPE OS)

I have done a lots of scripting to avoid LANDesk lacks (such as HII drivers with preferred servers), and SP3 correct that lack, so I think I will have a lot of work/surprise post-SP3.

• 5. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
                  zman Master

Sorry to hear. I would suggest at least creating a small test server maybe local vmware instance for testing. You can test preferred server url:

http://lcorename/landesk/managementsuite/core/preferredserver/PreferredServer.asmx

There are also numerous post patches to SP2. Never seen this problem in my shop.

• 6. Re: Cannot get preferred server list from core
                    Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

I agree with Zman, at least apply the MCP patches for Post-SP2. There are lots of reliability issues solved with those. Be careful that the MCP for OSD might also contain an updated WinPE!

I would still consider moving to SP3 though, as this SP contains lots of fixes and stability updates not all found in the MCP's.For a Preferred Server supported, LANDeskSP3 independent HII solution, we as LANDesk partner also offer a very inexpensive HII tool that basically works the same as LANDesk (with some extra's )has in SP2, but is faster and just as easy to maintain and works by just calling 1 executable in the OSD process.

Frank