1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 13, 2012 11:53 AM by zman

Version 9 SP3 Getting Result "Failed:  Another installation is currently in process."

Rookie

We upgraded the server and consoles to SP3.  I wanted to test a machine with the upgraded agent, so I created a distribution package batch job that does a simple file copy to the root of the C: drive.  It worked.  I then ran another job that I knew would fail, because it tries to do an xcopy to a directory that does not yet exist (this is a vbs.)  I did this because I wanted to test the new feature of creating a distribution package with a check mark in the "Disable client queing for this package." So I made another test script to copy a file to the root of C, and checked that feature to disable client queing.  On the scheduled task for this new job, I get a result of "Failed:  Another installation is currently in process." 

I have even deleted the scheduled task that I knew was going to fail.  When I view scheduled tasks and policies for my test machine, I see the only enttry isthe test job that failed.  This is a policy supported push.

Does anybody have any ideas as to what may be going on?  I thought the whole idea of having the option to skip the queue in the distribution package, was to do so in case of an emergency push situation, to attempt to skip queued tasks.  Currently, I don't see how this is much of an improvement over the situations we could find ourselves in with SP2.