2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 6, 2013 10:09 AM by Jamie Cannon

Outbound Mail Issue / Object reference not set to an instance of object

Rookie

Hi There,

currently we have some error messages on our server named: ServiceDesk.MailOutbound -> Object not set to an instance of an object.

So the outbound email service is up and running, we get emails from the system. But I get 5-7 of theese error messages every second.

First I took a look on all windows in the process manager with a "email notification function" within the Service Desk but with no results.

We tryed to solve this issue,but it seems to be difficult. Can anyone tell me where I can find the email queue to take a look on the emails in this queue? Maybe we can get a bit closer to the resolution by this way. Maybe there is one email in this queue creating all this errors. Is that possible? I allready opened the "tps_user_message_recipient" and took a look on "tps_email_failed" but with no success, there where no emails with such a failiure in this table.

Thanks

waterb

• 1. Re: Outbound Mail Issue / Object reference not set to an instance of object
          Rookie

We get this as well on version 7.5.  Replying simply to get the responses from others if any.

• 2. Re: Outbound Mail Issue / Object reference not set to an instance of object
            Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

You could try to do a search on the tps_user_message table to see if anything in there throws a red flag for you.

This could be caused by an incorrect attribute trying to be passed through that the system doesn't recognize in your automatic reminders within your process. 

It might also be good to clear out your message queue in the database.  I have seen times where one message has an issue due to maybe an email being NULL or a bad attribute and it can be tough to find it and clearing the mail queue seems to resolve it.  If you decide to do this, make sure you stop your Outbound Service prior to running this then restart it once complete.

View Mail Queue

*************************************************************************************************

SELECT T2.tps_date_sent,T1.tps_email_address,T1.tps_user_guid,

T1.tps_is_email_sent,T1.tps_email_failed,T2.tps_subject,T2.tps_body

FROM tps_user_message_recipient T1

JOIN tps_user_message T2

ON T1.tps_user_message_guid = T2.tps_guid

ORDER BY T2.tps_date_sent DESC

Clear out Mail Queue
            delete from tps_user_message_recipient
            delete from tps_user_message