5 Replies Latest reply on Apr 21, 2008 9:51 AM by momus12

Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?

Rookie

Hi,

We're using LDMS 8.7 SP5, and the Antivirus agent is deployed as part of the standard LD agent in our network. In looking through the available reports, I'm unable to find a report for systems where detected viruses could not be quarantined, removed, or otherwise remediated. I assume I must be overlooking it, as this is pretty important information to have.

I've setup other queries and reports, but I'm not finding a way to create a custom query that will return this information.

Any help in eradicating my ignorance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?
          Leon SupportEmployee

In Security and Patch Manager there is one button called 'Antivirus activity', it will open the 'Antivirus activity and status information' window. There are items called 'Recent antivirus activity by computer' and 'Recent antivirus activity by virus'. Do they have any information which you want? I do not have any virus detected in my lab, so I am not sure what information there.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?
            Rookie

Thanks. While that does provide some of the information I'm looking for, it doesn't serve as a reporting tool, and it shows all virus activity whether remediated or not.

What I'm looking for is a report which only shows current failures to quarantine, heal, or remove virus-laden files.

• 3. Re: Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?
              Rookie

Even with v8.8 there is no way to generate reports of the LANDesk antivirus activities as these details are not stored with the regular inventory details of a device. I had logged a call with the support when we were on v8.7 SP4 and was told that an ER has been generated. But there is no enhancements seen even in v8.7 SP5 or v8.8.

What i asked basically was to atleast provide a view as report shortcut in antivirus activity window to generate the reports. You can also log a case and file your enhancement request as they say the enhancements take priorities based on the number of customers asking for it. So more the number sooner it is expected.

• 4. Re: Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?
                Leon SupportEmployee

momus12:  Shabbir is right. More customers requesting this feature will make this enhancement request high priority. So please contact the LANDesk support in your region and log a case to request this feature.

• 5. Re: Determining Systems With Unremediated Viruses?
                  Rookie

Thanks for the information. I'll go ahead and make an enhancement request.

I do have to say though, that I'm very surprised this isn't readily available within the product. It seems like such a report would be widely used by admins.