3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 3:50 AM by John.Judd

7.5 Service Pack 1 Upgrade

Rookie

Hi my upgrade to 7.5SP1 is failing with the following error;

Execution of Service Desk MSI Completed. Return Code: 1619, State: Failure  

I am running the upgrade on  our test environment from the web server , i have just run the "fix 7.5 installer" tool which appeared to run succesfully

I am reluctant to unistall the existing 7.5 installation completley incase this removes all of the IIS Config on the server (we run multiple instances)

any help gratefully received.

regards

JOhn  

• 1. Re: 7.5 Service Pack 1 Upgrade
          ITSMMVPGroup

I'd log that as a support call straight away John.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 7.5 Service Pack 1 Upgrade
            Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

I agree with Dave.  This could be something with the installer itself.  Please keep us posted with what is determined.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: 7.5 Service Pack 1 Upgrade
              Rookie

Gents, thanks for your responses, in the end I was forced to uninstall 7.5.  On the web server I initially started this was problematic, it appeared to have cached the point at which it failed the install and every time the uninstall ran it displayed the same error as I documented at the beginning of the post. 

To get round this I was advised to remove setup.xml and I had to edit some permissions in the registry as it appeared that the MSI package was failing to update the registry correctly.

Following that I uninstalled 7.5 and then installed 7.5sp1 from scratch and all appears ok.

I would go with Daves original advice though and contact the helpdesk if you appear to have this issue as there was a fair amount of back and forth on this between myself and the helpdesk to make sure they had all they needed, especially when it came to “adjusting” the registry.