I did an upgrade from 7.4 a few weeks back, and I am experiencing the 2nd item you mention. No outcome on this one for me yet. I am yet to really test my existing emails, so can't comment on the 1st item.
Good afternoon, did either of you managed to get this resolved? I've logged this with support today so I'll keep you posted.
Number 2, no I didn't fix Afrogers. I did fix number 1 though. In the TPS.config in the All Users/Application Data there is a line
<add key="AssignmentNotificationsToUserOnly" value="true" />
If you change this value to false then if you have a user selected it will also send mails to anyone who is set to receive e-mails on behalf of the group. Thank you to the Consultant we had in just before Christmas who pointed out that change to me.
Hope this helps.
Regarding the error logging. This is likely something that was unique to my dodgy self installation/testing! I still had the original configuration files for the Outbound mail service in the landesk folder on my application server. This file was overriding the Configuration Centres settings.
To double check this open the below directory on your application server:
c:\Program Files (x86)\LANDesk\Service Desk\AppServices\
Check to see if you have a file with the following name: Touchpaper.Service.Mail.Outbound.WindowsService.exe.config
*disclaimer* please backup any files you edit, generally don't touch the config files if you're not familiar with them, leave it to support!
Inside this file you'll have the following line:
<add key="Log Severity" value="error"/>
You can modify this line to "trace" as per below:
<add key="Log Severity" value="trace"/>
After this, restart the service and the your event log should start filling (I wouldn't leave it at trace in a production environment! It will fill up fast!)
With regards to the outbound mail, in configuration centre, verify what your poll timing is to make sure it's not set to something large. Next, I would suggest doing a reboot of the App Server then the Web Server in that order. Once they are back up, verify that the Outbound and Background services are started and running. During the upgrade, all your credential information should have remained that same within the database, but just do a test of the mail settings within Service Desk Console.