4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 13, 2012 10:48 AM by VHARNUM

Remote Control Error Receive failed: -1

VHARNUM Apprentice

Hey Guys,

Just installed a Landesk 9 sp3 client to a machine and am now trying to remote control.  Has anyone seen this error - Receive Failed: -1. Unable to locate the remote computer?  We are also having memory errors on different machines and they cant be remoted.  It doesn't seem to be an issue on all machines and removing the mirror driver doesn't help.

Any advice here would be great!

Thank you,

Val

• 1. Re: Remote Control Error Receive failed: -1
          Apprentice

Check the Remote Control Service on the client. If the service is present......bump it. Might be in gateway mode.

• 2. Re: Remote Control Error Receive failed: -1
            VHARNUM Apprentice

Thanks for the response... having one of the guys checking on it.  Have you run into any of the memory issues I also mentioned?

The instruction at "0x004167ca" referenced memory at "0x000000c". The memory could not be "read". Click on ok to terminate the program.

Remote control client encountered a problem and needed to close.

This happens after I push the new LANDesk 9.0sp3 client to machines from my existing 8.8 database.  Most work perfectly.  This error comes up every time the machine is restarted.  Removing the client using the uninstallwinclient tool and reinstalling the client doesn't fix the issue.

• 3. Re: Remote Control Error Receive failed: -1
              Apprentice

Have run into a very limited instance of memory errors but in our case they have been resolved with a clean removal (be sure to verify all folders, services, and reg entries have been removed) has resolved those. Make sure you are using the correct uninstallwinclient.exe  version (learned that the hard way).

Hope this helps.

• 4. Re: Remote Control Error Receive failed: -1
                VHARNUM Apprentice

The answer for me on the remote control issues we have been having was to get a beta patch from LANDesk ld90-sp3-cp_rc-2012-0716. It seems to resolve the memory issues and it updates some rcviewer files that fixed getting a black screen when trying to do the remote.

Thanks for you help guys!