3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 14, 2012 1:24 AM by dfleetwood

Error running Filter Query

Expert

Hi

I keep getting an error on 2 filters I've created and hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong.  The aim of the filters is to show on an End User Incident view windows assignments, but only those with no assigned Analyst, and notes with only customer text in them (we have our notes window split with technical note (OOTB attribute Text) and customer note (created attribute _Customer Text).  So basically I want them to see their incident has been assigned to Service Desk but not that Joe Bloggs has picked up the incident.

I'll explain how I set up the assignments filter (notes was the basically the same).

Query and Report Designer - New Filter

Gave it a title and description,

Based On Module: Incident Management, Business Object: Assignment

Filter By Module: Incident Management, Business Object: Incident

Created for: Everyone

Selected Attributes: Group.Title and CreationDate

Criteria: User.Name Is NULL

Incident.Reference Number Is Equal To (runtime value) (Id) - I've also tried Incident Is Equal To (Incident) as well

In the settings I have it to return 5 rows per page and have had an interval refresh rate of 15mins and no refresh rate.

So the filter works on the window and returns only the assignments to a group and the creation date, no Analyst names for pesky end users to then contact directly!

But I am continually getting an error (doesn't seem to any logic to when I get the error, not specific to when I've opened the filter or the window) "Error running query '_IncidentEndUserViewAssignments'.  This is a Filter query and requires a Filter Data Object to run."  What I'm confused about is I have the same thing set up in the Request Domain and don't get any errors with it at all , I'm getting to the tear my hair out point now.

Any help as always greatly appreciated.

Helen

• 1. Re: Error running Filter Query
          karenpeacock SupportEmployee

Hi

Please keep your hair, you might need it to keep the lovely sun off your head today

I must admit that I've seen this before on my test environments and never looked into the cause.  However I've just done a bit of research and I believe this is something which you are seeing because you are designing and then testing your filter.  It happens if you've had Window Manager open in the same console session as viewing the filter on a window in runtime.  If this is the same issue then you should just need to log out and back in again then all will be ok as long as you don't venture near the design tools?  This has been raised as problem 4890 if you would like to raise a case to get linked to this please.

Regards

Karen

• 2. Re: Error running Filter Query
            Expert

Hair is intact!!

Yes that is exactly what I've been doing, in Window Manager and then viewing the filter!!  Logging off has cured it so I'll ask to be added to the problem.  Thanks for the quick reply Karen.

• 3. Re: Error running Filter Query
              Apprentice

We had similar issues to this and it turned out there was some confusion in the 'Default Query' on the Business Object.

The fix it then we removed what was set under 'Default Query', Saved and then set our Query on the Business Object again.

-----

The errors we got in the TPS Trace logs are below:

TransactionProcessing
              Save object Transaction at 2012-09-13 09:28:14.935
              Time Elapsed: 00:00:01.1697075
              Request object count: 580
              Transient object count: 0
              FAILED
              Could not resolve reference from Attribute Filter Selector a1f8cc8f-e4a6-420f-bb05-54e54cf70d22 to related Query Template. This Query Template is for the Class Type 'Incident', expected 'Process'.

BusinessLogic
              Insert Business Logic at 2012-09-13 09:28:20.378
              Business Logic Handler on implementation class Touchpaper.Classes.Metadata.AttributeFilterSelector executed on object of class type Metadata.AttributeFilterSelector with primary key 26bde421-dfd6-40f1-b561-54b8f3971535.
              FAILED
              Could not resolve reference from Attribute Filter Selector 26bde421-dfd6-40f1-b561-54b8f3971535 to related Query Template. This Query Template is for the Class Type 'Incident', expected 'Change'.

TransactionProcessing
              Save object Transaction at 2012-09-13 09:28:20.378
              Time Elapsed: 00:00:00.4366908
              Request object count: 294
              Transient object count: 0
              FAILED
              Could not resolve reference from Attribute Filter Selector 26bde421-dfd6-40f1-b561-54b8f3971535 to related Query Template. This Query Template is for the Class Type 'Incident', expected 'Change'.

-----