2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 19, 2012 5:00 PM by busbey

Windows installer warnings (Event 1015) when running inventory scans

Rookie

We have been using LDMS 9 SP3 for several months and noticed right from the beginning of the upgrade the clients are getting a repeating pattern of MsiInstaller Warnings (Event ID 1015) and information (Event ID 1033) Each event relates to a different application. For example, Event 1015 Failed to connect to server. Error: 0x800401F0 is followed by by Event 1033 Windows Installer installed the product. Product Name: Apple Software Update. Product Version: 2.1.3.127. Product Language: 1033. Installation success or error status: 0. Immediately after that, the same events occur but for a different application like WinZip. It looks the the msi installer service is doing a repair or reconfiguration for each of these applications (more than 20) every time an inventory scan runs. There seems to be no consistency to what applications are getting this 'reconfiguration' operation eg. Different applications are logged on different machines. What I have tried so far is re installing windows installer 4.5, ran a /Debug switch on the inventory scan. The client inventory log has no mention of any of these applications when I ran the /debug switch so I'm thinking its something to do with the installer service. I've also tried changing different options in the agent configuration such as turning off different components and turning off the mirror driver. This happens on every PC in the organisation every time an inventory scan is run. Any ideas are appreciated.