3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2012 2:00 PM by Julian Wigman

Filter Analyst based on there current support group that is assigned.

Apprentice

I have created a Analyst assignment collection so that the Console user can provide a reason for the assignment when they are asigning analyst based on support groups.  What I want to try and do is filter the analyst drop down list to only show the Analyst from the current assigned support group on the incident window.

I have tried using a filter and also a attempted to use a calculation to get the latest support group onto the collection so that i can filter on it..

Please help.

• 1. Re: Filter Analyst based on there current support group that is assigned.
          Apprentice

Any assitance on this would be greatly appreciated.

• 2. Re: Filter Analyst based on there current support group that is assigned.
            Jamie Cannon ITSMMVPGroup

What you can try (if you haven't already) is to write a query that pulls the Analyst name or title based on what their primary group is.  Once you write the query, apply the query against the Analyst attribute on that assignment window you use for that specific collection. I think in this case, your criteria may be something like:

CurrentAssignment.User.Group is Primary Group  ... I believe if you apply that to the field it should pull the Users who Primary Group hold the Current Assignment on that ticket.

I would need to do some testing but I believe I have  done this before using this type of filter..

• 3. Re: Filter Analyst based on there current support group that is assigned.
              Julian Wigman ITSMMVPGroup

Surely you just need to create a filter, based on the User BO and Filtered by the Incident BO.  You can start this on the Support/User field you presumably have on your Analyst Collection BO too rather than start off manually in Query & Report designer though.

The criteria would be to drag the Groups.Group object onto the criteria panel, select "Specify Runtime Value",  drill into tree into "Incident\CurrentAssignment\Group" and save.

The finished criteria will look someting like: 

"Groups.Group is Equal To (ProcessCurrentAssignment/Group)"

Hopefully that should do what you  need.

Julian.

Incidentally confused why you needed to create a new Assignment BO rather than just add your new attributes to the regular Incident Assignment BO?