6 Replies Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 8:08 AM by GI3F

LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(

Rookie

Hi there,

We have some issue with the HII during provisioning since we patch SP3

Hiiclient.log on WINPE :

source path to download: \\SERVER\PATH\drivers.db3

dest path for download: c:\Windows\LDDriverStore\drivers.db3

Failed to download the driver.db3 file - HII will not continue ...

Neither UNC nor HTTP method work at all ...

we try by command line after that fail an X copy from \\SERVER\PATH\drivers.db3 to c:\Windows\LDDriverStore\drivers.db3  ... command line is working ...

anyone have an idea?

• 1. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
          Apprentice

Hi DSI-MICRO,

Did you find a sollution to this issue. I have the same problem.

Regards,

Jan

• 2. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
            Tracy Expert

Did you change/remove your preferred server configuration/credentials for the core server?

-Tracy

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
              Apprentice

Hi Tracy,

The PS was indeed removed and added again, but this did not resolve the problem. The drivers are not located on the core server itsef but on a SAN, this SAN is also used for deploying the images and software. If you connect to the share the DB is there and is accessable. I tested the download via a command line ( HIICLIENT.EXE /UNCPATH=\\server\share with the same result. Without any command line parameters, so with http, it does work. I must bare in mind that I use a redirected virtual directory on my core to point to the SAN to make http download available. The SAN does not have any HTTP capabilities.

Jan

• 4. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
                Apprentice

It might be worth a try, but you could be hitting the issue with the db/core issue where the driver paths are

incorrectly the wrong way, usally the paths of the files are foldername\drivername, however since the sp3 the issue seemed to be the "\" reversed to "/"

I had to copy the db3 locally, then use SQLite and run a script

update inffiles set

FilePath = replace(FilePath, '/', '\')

where FilePath like '%/%'

Save it, rename the old db3 on the core and copy the new "repaired" db3 to the core...

Just remeber if you update the HII with drivers or just save you have to do this all the time..

Steve

• 5. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
                  Rookie

Hi there,

Sorry was on holidays,

In my case, on provisioning : Neither HTTP or UNC, HIIclient copy the drivers.db3. As Jvhooijdonk drivers are not located on the core server

We have already try to change/remove our prefered server... Indeed there is something strange on configuration/credential : we use FQDN

HII library credential : I found something about credential witch help me to fix rights issues for the moments ...  http://community.landesk.com/support/message/80334

Anonymous access must be granted to be able to build HII library. If there are not access to anonymous HII library credential can't be created ( CF : PreferedServer.jpg )

UNC \\SHARESERVERNAME.DOMAINE\PATH\

HTTP : http//SHARESERVERNAME.DOMAINE/PATH/

delete and recreate Prefered server + test authentification = ok.

We only use a Prefered server which is our source and HII library in sametime  but not on CORE !

We don't have either any drivers.db3 on the core server.

Re: Unauthorized error 401 when configuring HII Driver Repository

Steveperks : Is drivers.db3 are necessary on the core server? I just have them on the Prefered Server by the way ...

I cheecked on SQL data browser : On Infiles table FilePath seems to be already like  ...\...\

by the way we deploy an 7 x 64 bit

another information : Os deployed is 7 64bit

--------------------

OS Major version: 6

OS Minor version: 1

OS Product type: 1

Architecture  is : AMD64

source path to download: (try on UNCpath and HTTPpath both don't work try on another deposit = same issue)  

dest path for download: c:\Windows\LDDriverStore\drivers.db3

Failed to download the driver.db3 file - HII will not continue

Failed to get driver files list.

ProcessDrivers failed.

• 6. Re: LDSK V9 SP3 HII provisioning FAILED to download the driver.db3 :(
                    Rookie

Hi there .. I just cheeck my provisioning with HII only task and it's look's like  bugged O_o?

No information concerning the HII on my schedule task report  ....  (Post intallation test HII)

WINPE : action index=5011 type=HII

FAILED

error:[80001803H]L'action a échoué. (action failed / error code mean network share isn't ok)

CF : HIIOnlyProvisioning .jpg

On my main Provisioning template I was cheecking information HII : (UNC or HTTP)

action propriety aren't showing anything too...

CF : 1MainTemplate.jpg

So ? bugg or misconfiguration ?