4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 18, 2012 4:06 AM by zman

REMDEL Command

honeydew83 Apprentice

Anyone knows how to use this command? I have checked in the previous post and found an example using this below command.

MACHINES]

REMDEL01=%ldms_Client_dir%\sdmcache\*.*

I tried using this command to delete an executable file on client machine but it is not successfull.

MACHINES]

REMDEL01=%ldms_Client_dir%\produkey.exe\*.*

The task is marked successfull but the file is not deleted. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks

Rgds.

Aya

• 1. Re: REMDEL Command
          MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

Try this instead:

[MACHINES]

REMDEL01=%ldms_Client_dir%\produkey.exe

I assume produkey.exe is the file, your original was treating the file as a directory.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd

http://landesk.marxtar.co.uk

LANDesk Silver ESP

The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements

- Wake-On-WAN - Distributed Wake-On-LAN, Scheduled Power Down, and SWDist Sequencing

- State Notifier - Real-Time Device & User State Inventory Updating & Alerting

Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality

Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states

• 2. Re: REMDEL Command
            honeydew83 Apprentice

Thanks a lot for the reply. I have tried that but the result is still the same, the file still not deleted on the client machine.

This is the log file:

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"

; "Job Complete","1 Done","0 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

• 3. Re: REMDEL Command
              MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

I just tested this by creating a file called produkey.exe in the ldclient folder on a client and targeting it with the script I gave you. The file was deleted.

"Machine","CbaStatus","ExitCode","Duration","Begin","End","Command"

"MACHINE","OK",0,0:00:01,9/18/2012 5:45:31 AM,9/18/2012 5:45:32 AM,"cmd /c del /q "C:\Program Files\LANDesk\LDClient\produkey.exe""

; "Job Complete","1 Done","0 Failed","0 Off","0 Unknown"

This was my log. Notice that it lists the machine I targeted and the command it ran. The one you posted started with MACHINES] - was that just a faulty copy and paste? It should start with [MACHINES].

I've included my script for you. So first, verify that the file you want to delete is actually in c:\program files\LANDesk\LDClient (which is where the %ldms_client_dir% points) and then that your script is the same as mine.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

;

;  LANDesk(R) Management Suite Custom Script

;

; JOBPARAM = Controls various configuration options on a per script basis. 

; The following is a sample of what this section might look like:

;

;          [JOBPARAM]

;          MAX_CUST_JOB_THREADS=120

;          MAX_MULTICAST_THREADS=10

;          MAX_MC_FAILURE_THREADS=60

;          STEPS=1

;          TASK_COMPLETION_ENABLED=FALSE

;

[JOBPARAM]

; PREMACHINE - Processed once at start of job.  Only the local (LOCxxx)

; commands can be used in this section.  Use this section as well for

; jobs with no associated machines.

[PREMACHINE]

; MULTICAST - This section is used to control the targeted multicast.

[MULTICAST]

; MACHINES - This section is run once for each machine in the target set. 

; Commands in this section will be processed in the order they are listed

; in the custom script.  This section supports both local (LOCxxx) and remote

; (REMxxx) commands.

[MACHINES]

REMDEL01=%ldms_Client_dir%\produkey.exe

; MACHINES_95 - After the commands in the MACHINES section have been processed

; this section will be processed for each machine that is a Windows* 9x system. 

; The type of computer is determined by the information returned by PDS when

; the computer is discovered. Like the MACHINES section this section can include

; both local (LOCxxx) and remote (REMxxx) commands.

[MACHINES_95]

; MACHINES_NT - After the commands in the MACHINES section have been processed

; this section will be processed for each machine that is a Windows NT* or

; Windows* 2000 system.  The type of computer is determined by the information

; returned by PDS when the computer is discovered. Like the MACHINES section

; this section can include both local (LOCxxx) and remote (REMxxx) commands.

[MACHINES_NT]

; POSTMACHINE - After all of the individual machines have been processed the

; commands in this section are processed.  If there were no machines that can

; be run in the scheduled task this section will not be processed. This section

; only supports the local (LOCxxxx) commands.

[POSTMACHINE]

• 4. Re: REMDEL Command
                zman Master

In addition to what mark stated, sometime environment variables can be very finnicky. I always make sure they are case sensitive so I would try %LDMS_LOCAL_DIR%, make sure the file is not read only or locked, and the device has a valid full inventory scan.