3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 27, 2012 3:29 AM by masterpetz

Tracking statuses

Apprentice

I have been asked to create a query for HR that shows all the requests they have authorised or rejected,

The rejection part is really easy as the call is rejected and closed but the authorised part will of course move on in the process so is there a way in the process to capture all the requests they have authorised and display in a query as HR authorised will not be its current status?

• 1. Re: Tracking statuses
          masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Ashley,

If your "Authorized" action is a windowed action wit ha collection behind it should work with the following configuration. Build a query on the requests, choose any attribute you like to see in the query results and as criteria, choose "Creation User" from the "Authorised" collection and set it on "Current User". With this query, the actual logged in user see all requests where he has done an authorisation.

If you need it for a group "HR", you select as criteria "Authorised Collection - Creation User - Current Group" is equal to "HR". Than you see all requests that are authorised by all users that have "HR" set as their current group.

Hope that fits your needs...

Kind regards

Christian

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Tracking statuses
            Apprentice

Hi Christian,

I currently have it as a windowless action, so "HR Approved", once clicked on the process will move onto the next stage, HR Rejected is a windowed action to provide a reason why it was rejected.

Any other ideas or would I need to change it to a windowed action for this to work?

HR Process.bmp

• 3. Re: Tracking statuses
              masterpetz ITSMMVPGroup

Hi Ashley,

I don't think you have a chance to get the results from an windowless action. The only place where the user is saved at a windowless action is the audit trail but from the audit trail element you dont have a possibility to get to the linked process. I'm sure you can do this with a trigger but in the product itself...no...sorry.

Maybe someone else has an idea.

Kind regards

Christian