Thank you for your quick reply - I've found my lucene index on the server and checked the permissions but all my Service Desk users have full control permissions set on this folder already so I'm still at a loss.
I've also checked all my tps.config files and they appear to be pointing to the correct location for the lucene index.
1 of 1 people found this helpful
How annoying. Assuming those guides didn't help, I had exactly this issue with 732 on a small proof of concept. In my case for the first person who did a search it worked, but for the next person it failed, gave the error and the only way of clearing it was to iisreset. I worked with support for a long old time and never did get to a final resolution. In the end I reworked the system to have background services on a different box to the box running TPS for console and another box running TPS for webdesk and that made the issue go away. When I went back to the same configuration and upgraded it some time later to 7.4, I never saw the issue again.
Unfortunately I think 732 is no longer fully supported, so perhaps an upgrade might be an idea if that is commercially possible for you. Failing that you may find moving background service onto a different server and reconfiguring what's left might help. Personally I'd move to 7.5 if you can
We are moving to 7.5 soon so I will revisit this after the upgrade.