4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 12, 2012 5:57 AM by Frank Wils
      • 1. Re: Windows 8 support in LDMS9
        Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

A new version LANDesk is scheduled to be released around next month with Windows8 support. For LDMS9 there might still be a SP4 beginning next year.

I must say though, that a fully patched LDMS9SP3 server works just fine Windows8

Frank

• 2. Re: Windows 8 support in LDMS9
          Rookie

Frank,

Are you currently using landesk with windows 8, if so how did you get landesk installed on the client?  We are running SP3 and everytime I try to install the agent on a windows 8 computer it errors on me.

• 3. Re: Windows 8 support in LDMS9
            Rookie

I Managed to get the client to work. After installing the client I notices there were files missing. After comparing the ldclient directory on win8 with ldclient directory on win7, I was able to find all the missing files. Copyed the files to win8 client dir and bingo. But this is a workaround you would not want to do on many devices. Also I noticed that devices turn up with unknown OS in LDMS.

• 4. Re: Windows 8 support in LDMS9
              Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

Yes, Windows8 isnt in the detection logic of the agent yet Installing the agent is a bit of a hassle, yes, but it does work when you have it right. Better just way a couple of more weeks for LDMS9.5. Full support for Win8 there.

Frank

Axle-IT