5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 23, 2012 3:00 PM by jhastings

How to deploy Silverlight 5

Rookie

I am trying to figure out how to push out the Silverlight 5 Installation Package to our clients and am a little lost on how to do so.

• 1. Re: How to deploy Silverlight 5
          Rookie

I am getting the following in the log file...

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:30 10168 5380 File (\\bp-vm-landesk01\D$\LandeskPackages\Silverlight\silverlight.msi) is not in cache

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:32 10168 5944 Performing TCP connection with a timeout of -1 milliseconds

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:33 10168 2180 Performing TCP connection with a timeout of -1 milliseconds

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:34 10168 2180 Performing TCP connection with a timeout of -1 milliseconds

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:35 10168 2180 Performing TCP connection with a timeout of -1 milliseconds

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:36 10168 2180 Performing TCP connection with a timeout of -1 milliseconds

Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:08:37 10168 5380 processing of package is complete, result -2147467259 (0x80004005 - code 16389)

Thoughts?

• 2. Re: How to deploy Silverlight 5
            Frank Wils ITSMMVPGroup

You have d$ in the path to the package... Most likely the clients don't have access rights on this administrative share. Did you also share LANDesk and/or packages one level deeper?

Frank

Axle-IT

• 3. Re: How to deploy Silverlight 5
              Rookie

Actually, I have added permissions in both the Security and Sharing tabs for the D: drive and LANDesk Packages folder (where the files are stored to be pushed out) and even that is resulting in the same error... I am really at a loss at this point. It made sense when I read about the permissions issue but I have granted access (read&execute, read) to everything on that path but cannot get the .exe to work.

Any other thoughts?

• 4. Re: How to deploy Silverlight 5
                MarXtar ITSMMVPGroup

When you say you have added rights, is this location set up as a preferred package server? Unless there is a preferred package server, then access will be using the local system account which won't have rights. If you use preferred package servers, then the credentials defined in there would be used.

You can take source credentials out of the equation but using a web share instead since that would be anonymous access.

Do you have any working distribution packages from the location you are specifying? If not, do you have anywhere else you know works so that you could eliminate permissions.

Mark McGinn

MarXtar Ltd

http://landesk.marxtar.co.uk

LANDesk Silver ESP

The One-Stop Shop for LANDesk Enhancements

- Wake-On-WAN - Distributed Wake-On-LAN, Scheduled Power Down, and SWDist Sequencing

- State Notifier - Real-Time Device & User State Inventory Updating & Alerting

Update - WoW & State Notifier now integrate for even more functionality

Update - State Notifier now detects machine and user Idle states

• 5. Re: How to deploy Silverlight 5
                  Rookie

We figured it out. We used the HTTP path through IIS rather than the UNC... at least it worked. Now we get a "Failed" status with a reason code of "0" when it completes but the software did install correctly.