2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 25, 2008 10:39 AM by puercomal

Force Custom Form to be completed

Apprentice

Hi all,

Is it possible to have a custom form appear and prevent the remaining startup process so that the user is forced to complete the form before he can use the PC ?

I've had a search around but can't find anything. At present I have the form poping up each time the user logs in if they have not filled it in, but a large number of people are just ignoring it !

We are running LDMS 8.7 SP 4.

Thanks in advance

Paul

• 1. Re: Force Custom Form to be completed
          Leon SupportEmployee

I saw a similar situation like what you want. After installing LANDesk Management Suite 8.8 software the system reboots, during the logon it will only show the activation window of LDMS, but the user can still cancel the activation, then the Windows logon window shows up. So technically this can be definitely done. But so far I do not know how it is implemented.

• 2. Re: Force Custom Form to be completed
            Employee

There are no technical solutions to people problems. The best solution is to have their bosses tell them to quit being children and fill in the form.

However, if that isn't an option, I'm a big fan of cutting off network access to anyone who hasn't filled in the form. This is easily done using NAC and a custom vulnerability.